The Blue Yeti USB Microphone is popular with YouTubers and Bloggers for voiceover and other vocal recording. It’s recommended by musicians, also. I chose the Red Satin Model.
The Blue Yeti features a Triple Capsule Array that afford multiple recording pattern selection. There is a gain control and a headset plug-in with volume control. There is an indicator for recording / mute and the selector for the recording pattern. In this video I present my recommendations to help you get the best recording results from your Blue Yeti form the start.
USB microphones present some advantages when compared to other types of microphones.
1) They are often less expensive
2) They use the computer for power and don’t require a separate power supply
3) The preamp and analog-to-digital converter are internal
4) The Blue Yeti also has a headphone jack for monitoring your recording in real time
5) The Blue Yeti can be removed from its heavy metal stand and then mounted directly on a shock mount
6) The Blue Yeti is threaded with a standard mount for attaching to a stand or boom mount
If you’re exploring the types of microphones available, in addition to USB microphones there are Condenser Microphones, Dynamic Microphones, Drum Microphones, Ribbon Microphones and tube Microphones.
News – JULY 30, 2018
Today, we’ve got exciting news: Logitech has agreed to acquire Blue Microphones, a leader in studio-quality microphones these past 20 years.
Their products are used by music artists – legends and talents such as Bob Dylan and Imagine Dragons – so they can create their own distinctive sound in the highest quality.
See the Video: Logitech’s Mic’ing Up with Blue
By Logitech – Do you have a Blue Yeti or Snowball mic? We’re excited at the prospect of joining teams with Blue Microphones. Together we’re the perfect package.